Dear PacBay families,
Greetings! I hope you all had a restful weekend and a healthy and safe Superbowl Sunday. I want to thank all the families that participated in last week's virtual town hall meetings. We appreciated the opportunity to get feedback from parents and also connect as a community.
For those of you who did not get the chance to participate, no worries! Please see the link to the recordings here (High School; Middle School; 4th & 5th Grades).
Here are some key points from the town halls:
- New Schedule with On-Campus Days - Starting the week of February 22 (after February Break), we plan to have one on-campus day a week for the high school students and 1.5 days on campus each week for the middle school students. We will continue our three on-campus days a week for the 4th and 5th grade students as well. Meanwhile, students will continue to have virtual options on all of those days. Click here to see the schedule.
- On-Campus Grouping - We will organize our stable on-campus groups based on grade levels.
- Ongoing Health and Safety - Safe and healthy COVID prevention protocols will continue to be in place, including our travel policy (10-day quarantine for out-of-state travel; 3-day quarantine for in-state, but out-of-Bay Area travel).
- Lunch & Free Lunch - On-campus lunches will be available for purchase during on-campus days; one on-campus lunch a week is free of charge. Complimentary lunch will be on Monday for high school students, and on Thursday for middle school and 4th & 5th grade students. Pre-order information will be forthcoming.
- Shared Responsibility - Making on-campus options available for students require the cooperation of students, parents, and family members. Please continue to practice safe social distancing, wear masks, and wash hands frequently. Consider your public health impact on the PacBay community when making travel and social activity decisions with people outside the household. Any known violations to our COVID policy or any sign of COVID community spread will result in campus closure.
I have been ruminating on this African proverb: "If you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go together." As we near the last leg of the pandemic, I am constantly appreciative of this Christ-centered community. Our collective wisdom and strength will allow us to finish this race strong. We are in it together! And I look forward to seeing many of our students on campus soon!
Dr. Michael Chen
Head of School